The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has released a circular announcing that certain services regarding the Driving License and Certificate of Registration can now be availed completely online. This means from now on, using Aadhaar authentication, voluntarily, anyone can renew their license, get a duplicate RC and similar services, without visiting the Regional Transport Office or RTO. The aim here is the streamline the process and make the services hassle-free and contactless for the citizens. Right now, the ministry is offering about 18 contactless services.
This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle free, contact less manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase efficiency of the RTO offices as well.
— MORTHINDIA (@MORTHIndia) March 4, 2021
In its circular, MoRTH India has said that it has received all the approvals from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to use digital platforms to ensure good governance. People who want to use online services will have to undergo Aadhar authentication. The ministry also said that it will make all the arrangements for wide publicity through media and individual notices to make citizens aware of the requirement of Aadhar for availing contactless services through implementing agencies.
Announcing the information on its social media platform, MoRTH India said, “This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle-free, contactless manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase efficiency of the RTO offices as well.”
The online services have come into effect from March 3, 2021, and all the 18 contactless services the people can avail of after undergoing Aadhar authentication are as follows.
- Learner’s License.
- Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required.
- Duplicate Driving License.
- Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration.
- Issue of International Driving Permit.
- Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License.
- Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle.
- Application for Registration of motor vehicle with a fully built body.
- Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration.
- Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration.
- Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
- Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
- Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration.
- Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training centre.
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer.
- Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer.
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement.
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement.